Accepting applications on a rolling basis until midnight on February 8, 2021.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Institute seeks one or more Communications Assistant(s) who can commit between 6 and 20 hours per week, between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM CST Mon-Fri (ideally) during the academic year. These positions support the Institute’s Operations Manager by serving as a digital liaison between the Institute and the public, assisting with and helping plan marketing and social media campaigns, making website updates, managing email communications, creating class and workshop promotions, and helping organize and promote virtual events. The communications support that this position provides is integral to the public-facing aspect of the Institute.
- The job responsibilities listed below will be shared among a team of Institute Communications Assistants.
- Contributing to the Institute’s social media and website by drafting creative and engaging content that updates the public on the latest happenings at SIFK.
- Maintaining SIFK’s social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Good Reads, and MA Connect.
- Supporting SIFK’s communications with email campaigns, newsletters, and other announcements.
- Providing input and assistance on the logistical set-up of virtual events hosted by the Institute (classes, workshops, other special events) via Zoom and other hosting platforms.
- Completing special projects as assigned.
- Can commit 6-20 hours per week during academic quarters
- Communications experience
- Proficiency or experience with graphic design; experience with InDesign a plus
- Proficiency or experience with video editing software
- Proficiency with or willingness to learn the tools needed for social media, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Sprout Social, Expression Engine, and Mailchimp
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Box,
- Proficiency with (or willingness to learn) AV setup and other technical support
- Resourcefulness and the ability to problem-solve
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and see them through to completion
- Willingness to learn, be flexible, and tackle both large and small tasks
- Ability and interest to interact professionally with faculty and staff
- Currently enrolled 1st thru 4th year student
Time Commitment and Compensation
Compensation is $15.50 per hour for 6-20 hours per week during the 2020-21 academic year, with the possibility of renewal. To accommodate course schedules, work hours will be set on a quarterly basis.
All first- through fourth-year College students in any field of study are welcome to apply.
To submit an application, please email .pdfs of your resume, cover letter, graphic design or video editing samples and other relevant material to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until midnight on February 8, 2021. Zoom interviews will be held beginning the week of February 1, 2021. The selected Communication Assistant(s) will be expected to carry out the position through the 2020-21 academic year, with the possibility of renewing the position in the 2021-22 academic year. Start date will be on or after February 1, 2021.