The Institute on the Formation of Knowledge offers to co-sponsor conferences at the University of Chicago that relate to the Institute's theme of challenging accepted knowledge to inspire new approaches that change the world.
Please submit your application by filling out this form. Each application will be reviewed by the steering committee and a decision will be made within a month. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Past and upcoming co-sponsored events include:
- Discovery of Fact (Spring 2016)
- The Acquisition and Transmission of Knowledge: The Role of Shi'i Institutions of Learning in the Spread and Defense of a Tradition (Spring 2016)
- Timothy Morton: Things Just Got Weird (Autumn 2016)
- Foucault and Religion (Winter 2017)
- Down to the Hour: Perspectives on Short Time in the Ancient Mediterranean (Spring 2017)
- Tensions in Renaissance Cities (Spring 2017)
- Japan’s Russia: Challenging the East-West Paradigm (Spring 2018)
- From the Margins to the Center: Disability Studies in Other Disciplines (Spring 2018)
- South Asia and the Limits of Humanistic Inquiry (Spring 2018)
- Midwest Summer School in the Philosophy of Physics (Summer 2018)
- Intellectual History and History of Science: A Workshop on Method and Way of Knowing in the Past (Spring 2018)
- Critique/Desire/Practice: Photography and Beyond, selon Joel Snyder (Summer 2018)