The Stevanovich Institute on the Formation of Knowledge offers to co-sponsor conferences at the University of Chicago that relate to our 2016-18 research theme, Comparing Practices of Knowledge.
Please submit your application by filling out this form. Each application will be reviewed by the steering committee and a decision will be made within a month. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Please note that the 2017-18 application cycle is closed, but applications for the 2018-19 academic year will be accepted.
Past and upcoming co-sponsored events include:
- Discovery of Fact (Spring 2016)
- The Acquisition and Transmission of Knowledge: The Role of Shi'i Institutions of Learning in the Spread and Defense of a Tradition (Spring 2016)
- Timothy Morton: Things Just Got Weird (Autumn 2016)
- Foucault and Religion (Winter 2017)
- Down to the Hour: Perspectives on Short Time in the Ancient Mediterranean (Spring 2017)
- Tensions in Renaissance Cities (Spring 2017)
- Japan’s Russia: Challenging the East-West Paradigm (Spring 2018)
- From the Margins to the Center: Disability Studies in Other Disciplines (Spring 2018)
- South Asia and the Limits of Humanistic Inquiry (Spring 2018)
- Midwest Summer School in the Philosophy of Physics (Summer 2018)
- Intellectual History and History of Science: A Workshop on Method and Way of Knowing in the Past (Spring 2018)
- Critique/Desire/Practice: Photography and Beyond, selon Joel Snyder (Summer 2018)